Maps & Data Starter Kit
|Import your datas
Quickly import your datas from your favorite sofware (spreadsheet, databases...)
|Datas and countries
Map datas to your country
|Visualize your datas
by color range, circles or proportional squares or both
Thikness and color
Add your names and values on the map
|Use your map
Through layout and export tools, depending on your original format (word, presentation power point, email, internet…)
Why choosing C&D ?
|A complete solution
All the essential components to achieve relevant studies
map-making stages made clear and easy thans to the organigram
Compatible with all major standards (maps and data)
A software range acknowledged for more than 20 years : numerous references and satisfied customers
|Working with C&D can be divided in 5 main steps :
1. Choose your base map : use the borders that fit your study : USA by states or counties, UK by zipcodes, Pakistan by tehsils, etc.
2. Choose your data sets : Associate your own data according to the scale you choose to work with. They can be either generic data, e.g. demography, or more strategic data (sales, turnover, outlets).
3. Choose which statistical processing(s) to use: They are numerous, from simplemodules (calculation, quantification, filters) to more advanced modules (standard deviation, regression, typologies such as Principal Component Analysis or Ascending Hierarchical Classification).
4. Choose your view: filling, symbols, pies, bar charts or flow charts… make your data talk with varied and customizable displays.
5. Display all: Link all these modules to the Display icon to immediately see your map evolving on your screen.
The organigram: the support to your reflection
All these steps can easily be spotted thanks to C&D main asset: the organigram.
Each and every function available is displayed as an icon to be inserted in the organigram. This way, you can intuitively create your map and easily understand what were the steps used when looking at someone else’s map.
Highly customizable, it enables you to come back at any stage of the map creation to change either a data, a map or for example, the thresholds used in a quantification. Once saved, the organigram becomes a model for further maps, a base for other C&D users. Since it is directly linked to the main elements of your work - base map and data set(s) - any change in these elements will imply the update of the map on the display section.
|Map: Points to the base map to work with|
|Data: Points to the source of your data (xls, txt, ODBC)|
|Display: Displays the result on your scree|
|Symbols: Displays absolute values with symbols|
|Filling/shaded areas : Manage the colour palette that corresponds to the classes created by quantification|
|Values: Displays labels on the map|
|Background image: Allows the use of georeferenced images behind the main base map|
|Outlines: Draws the borders of all the base maps entered in the organigram|
|Quantification : Creates ensembles of values that look alike|
| * XLS (Microsoft Excel)
* TXT (tabulated text)
* DBF (DBase)
* ODBC links (Access, SQL, internal databases, …))
* 4D bases
* Internal data (data manually entered in C&D)
|Standalone or network Installation (one or several licenses shared on several computers)
Compatibility and languages
|Available in French and English version|
| * Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 (TSE)
* Mac OS X 10.4 +
|Base maps import formats|
| * VXF/NUM (Articque)
* SHP (ArcGIS)
* MIF/TAB (MapInfo)
* UNG (Ungenerate)
* DXF 13 (AutoCAD)
* SVG (work with Adobe Illustrator)
* WMF (Metafile Windows)
|Base maps export formats|
| * Images PNG
* Images GIF
* Images JPEG
* Document PDF
* Document EPS (compatible Adobe Illustrator, Mac and Windows fonts)
* Document EMF (Windows 95 metafile)
* Page HTML
* Flash SWF